It's a mouthful alright - and we didn't even list all of the ingredients! Here’s a perfect quick side dish everyone will love, and it's a healthy alternative to heavy beans or pasta salads. Our Golden Masala Balsamic and Smoked Olive Oil make it unique.
No need for lots of spices, because our balsamic combines various chili, ginger, oregano, cinnamon, cumin and other spices. It is warm but not spicy hot.
- 1 bunch chopped black or red kale, about 4 cups
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked per the package instructions)
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (or mango)
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic black beans
- 1 1/2 cups chopped grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Golden Masala Balsamic
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp Smoked Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Cook the quinoa and set it aside to cool. You can make it a day ahead and store in the refrigerator.
- Wash then drain the kale. Chop into bite size portions. If the center stem is large or pithy, remove it and only use the leaf. Place in salad bowl
- Chop tomatoes and pineapple
- Drain the can of beans.
- Blend the lime, salt, pepper, Balsamic and Smoked olive oil together (adjust salt and pepper to your taste).
We like tossing the kale first with the dressing and letting it sit for 10 minutes to soften the kale. If you prefer your kale more crunchy, then toss everything together and serve.