Have fresh or frozen strawberries and need a sweet treat? This is wonderful for afternoon tea or as a pick me up breakfast bar.
- 1 lb fresh or frozen strawberries - stems removed, defrosted
- 1 cup Ascolano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (almonds recommended)
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Using a food processor with the blade attachment - puree the strawberries and then add the olive oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
In a mixing bowl add the flour and then fold in with a wooden spoon the mixture from the food processor. Once blended add the nuts and white chocolate pieces.
Pour into an un-greased casserole or pyrex dish approximately 14 x 10 in. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 2 x 2 squares.