BBQ'ed corn gives cabbage coleslaw a hint of smoke along with sweet crunchiness that you will love as a summer side dish.
3 Corn cobs left in husk and rinsed.
2 Red chili peppers, washed, seeded and cut in half
Olive oil for brushing peppers
2 cups cabbage, shredded
3 carrots, julienned
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 T chopped cilantro leaves
1 T chopped mint leaves
Salt and black pepper
- 2T lime juice
- 3T Peach white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Arbosana extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- Can be done a day ahead on coals: Brush both sides of red pepper with olive oil. Char with skin side down. Remove from heat and dice.
- (Can be done simultaneously with #1 above). Place corn still in husk on hot coals. Grill about 7 minutes on each side or until husk shows grill marks. Let cool in husk (so it is still steaming), remove husks, and then cut off of the cob.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, onion, and corn to a salad bowl.
- Emulsify in a blender all the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and stir gently. Add the diced chili, cilantro and mint, along with a grind of black pepper, Stir again and serve. Can be made a day ahead.