When there is no mayonnaise in the refrigerator and your simple sandwich seems so out of reach - in just 5 extra minutes - your simple sandwich remains simple to make, and tastier than before!
For the Mayonnaise:
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup mild extra virgin olive oil - like our Ascolano
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
For the Tuna Salad:
- 1 can solid white albacore
- 1/2 stock celery - diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - diced
- 2 tablespoons onion - diced
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard - preferably dijon, but yellow is wonderful too
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Great bread or bagels
In a bowl, break down the tuna, add in the celery, parsley and onion. Stir until combined. Fold in tuna and mustard. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
The better the bread - the better the sandwich - so go hearty!
Leave a comment