This is admittedly Americanized Thai Salad, but it's an easy one, and if you like a little heat - you'll love the simplicity. Don't worry about sourcing lemongrass - use our Lemon Balsamic Vinegar. Can't stand chopping peppers or garlic? It's already chopped in our oil - Jalapeño peppers and garlic are added at the time we mill the olives, so you are getting real jalapeño and garlic in the olive oil - nothing artificial here. Check it out -
- 8 oz capellini aka angel hair pasta
- 1 plus 4 Tablespoons (5) Jalapeño Garlic olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon White Balsamic
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts (more if you like extra crunch sprinkled on top)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cabbage
- salt to taste
- Lime wedges
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package , drain and set aside in large bowl – toss with 1 tablespoon Jalapeno Garlic Olive Oil (done to prevent pasta from drying out or sticking together).
- Combine the remaining Jalapeno Garlic Olive Oil, the sesame oil, the Lemon Balsamic, the red pepper flakes, and soy sauce in a small blender and emulsify.
- Pour oil mixture over cooked noodles and then add remaining ingredients. Toss until noodles are evenly coated.
- Salt to taste
- Can serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Keeps well for about a week so can be made ahead of time or saved for leftovers.
The carrots and cabbage are optional - they add color.
For a main course - Add grilled chicken or tofu.