LET'S RE-DO THE MASHED POTATOES
Milk, cream and butter...been there, done that. This is mashed potato "the remix" with a lot of garlic, a splash of Beyond The Olive olive oil, a pinch of salt and water...trust us, the results are silky, savory and plain out Yummy!
These taters' are anything but ordinary and will certainly add some interest to a dish most home cooks have programmed on repeat. This recipe is completely adaptable; we used Beyond the Olive Rosemary Olive Oil because we don't know any root vegetable that doesn't LOVE rosemary. If rosemary isn't your thing, we also recommend our Arroyo Blend which imparts a grassy, green flavor that practically screams "Spring has Sprung!"
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, like Yukon Gold (we used plain ol Russet's and they were superb) Peel them and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled (Like more garlic...and who doesn't? Use more...or less)
- ¼ cup Beyond The Olive Olive Oil of your choice! (again we like rosemary, but garlic olive oil would be amazing too! Jalapeno oil anyone?)
- Put a large pot on to boil and get peeling/chopping the spuds! Once boiling add potatoes, garlic and 2 teaspoons salt and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and garlic, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Mash potatoes and garlic. Mix in olive oil and thin with reserved cooking liquid. Get your salt & pepper on and serve.
Pro tip: The cooking water is key! Don't forget to save that salty, garlicky potion and add until you reach the consistency you desire. We used about 3/4 cup and probably could have used the whole thing. It's all a matter of preference.
If you have leftovers (yeah right!) Throw in some cheese, flour, & ham, form into patty's and fry those babies 4 minutes per side and your golden.