GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON OLIVE OIL, PECORINO AND PROSCUITTO
One of the simplest and best ways to cook asparagus is to give it a light coating of olive oil and grill it. You can also do this on the stovetop in a ridged grill pan. Grilling brings out the sweetness and I prefer it to steaming or boiling which seems to bring out more of the “vegetal” notes.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, tough ends discarded
- 2 Tbsp Beyond the Olive Arbosana extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp or so Beyond the Olive Meyer Lemon flavored extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pecorino or Parmigiano cheese shaved thinly with a vegetable peeler
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto or coppa
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained, patted dry and fried till crisp in olive oil
- Lemon wedges
Brush the asparagus with the olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Over hot coals or a gas grill preheated to medium high grill the asparagus till it takes on a bit of color. Roll and turn so that it’s marked on all sides but still green and crisp. Place on a plate and drizzle with lemon olive oil. Scatter cheese over, arrange prosciutto attractively on top and sprinkle capers around. Serve lemon wedges on the side. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
Provided by Chef John Ash © 2010
Photo Source: Yummly.com
Leave a comment