CITRUS COUSCOUS WITH OLIVES
- 2 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Zest and juice of one orange
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp Beyond the Olive Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Beyond the Olive Calamata Pitted Olives, coarsely chopped
Combine broth, citrus zest and juice, mustard, garlic oil, thyme and salt. Bring this mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat and season with pepper. Add couscous and gently stir. Cover tightly and allow couscous to absorb all the liquid. This should take about 5-10 minutes. Uncover, fluff with fork and gently stir in olives.
Recipe notes: Vary the flavor of this dish by using different olive oils and aromatics to flavor the cooking liquid. Try Beyond the Olive Meyer Lemon Flavored Olive Oil and fresh rosemary, for example. This dish may be served hot, at room temperature, or chilled.
Recipe by Get Out of the Kitchen!